Our mission: Support Our Troops and Honor Our Veterans
The Sandhills Veterans Festival is organized by separate groups of like-minded individuals, all working for the same goal - to support our troops and honor our veterans. Through various activities, we work together to help take care of our local veterans.
The 2012 inaugural weekend was an very successful event. It has grown each year into this year's week-long Sandhills Veterans Festival.
The 2017 Sandhills Veterans Festival activities include:
- Carthage Veterans Day Observance at the Moore County Veterans Memorial
- Pinehurst Veterans Day observance
- Veterans Support Concert
- Veterans Putting Challenge
- Veterans Motorcycle Club Ride
- Sandhills Salute to our Heroes Concert
- Veterans Parade in downtown Southern Pines
Check back for updates to the schedule. View the schedule.
In 2016, we honored 40 WWII veterans, 10 Korean War veterans, 40+ Vietnam veterans, and about 100 other veterans of various eras.
Sponsors and TIcket Sales: Where The Profits Go
Event profits and donations will be distributed or put to use by the respective organizations. For example:
- Donations to the Veterans Parade cover administrative, logistics, and parade operations financial requirements.
- Donations to MOAA go to the Veterans Support Fund.
- Donations to A Stroke of Patriotism are locally distributed to veterans in need.
From January 2014 to May 2016, $44,950 of Veterans Support Fund monies were disbursed to meet local veterans' needs.
We need many volunteers to make the magic happen. Please join us.